Wednesday, October 2, 2024

What Sells?

What Sells?

Vincent Van Gogh

Below Van Gogh, the famous painter talks about the Craft-work,

How it really works 

"But to work with a view to sell,

is in my opinion,

not the proper way ,

neither should we consider the taste of the art-lover

- the great painters never did so!

For the sympathy, that sooner or later rewarded their efforts,

they had to thank only their own Honesty!

This is all I know about it , and I do not believe

that I require to know any more! 

To work in order to find people who will appreciate one,

and in order to kindle love in them, 

is a very different thing,

and naturally a very right one too! 

But nothing of the nature of a speculation

should be attempted,

for this might turn out wrong;

and then much time would have been spent in vain!  "

This is a sentiment that many a crafts-men share ; 

William Zinnser, who wrote the famous book : On Writing Well: says this about Writing:

“Many folks ask me about how to write stuff, that sells in the market! 

I always say to them , I don't know what sells in the market!

But I do know that if you write well and bring your uniqueness to your writing,

People look forward to it and you may sell “


No comments:

Agency

Body keeps the score Agency is the technical term. for the feeling of being in Charge Of your life: knowing where you stand  knowing  that y...