Friday, August 23, 2024

Ointment for the Spirit!

 

I am putting into writing,for I have formed them helpful in ministering to my own sores

Pg 8
Letters from a Stoic

I have begin this habit of writing ;
writing about philosophy;
what is Philosophy?
to live a life of wisdom - that is philosophy!

As I wake-up daily,
my body had got is rest
but my mind is restless
due to the dreams, the memory and the day ahead!

So what do I do?
I pick up Seneca's book : letters from a Stoic
A daily dose of Seneca!
I read one letter of Seneca that he writes to his mentee Lucillius

I make a note of "Gem" for the day from the 
Words of Seneca;

If possible write about it in my own words,
like this post itself
with the hope that
I may face the day better!

So what is today's gem ?
Seneca says that he is putting his thoughts
into writing for future generations
and he says that
that is more important than his day job -
Counsel in Court !
Stamping a Seal upon a Will!
lending his assistance in the senate!

And these words that he puts
were the ointment to his own sores
Seneca adds , even if it does not cure the wound
atleast it arrests the spreading of it!

Oh Wow!
I may not be able to cure the ill
but at least I can contain it!

Probably this is what the Journaling is all about!
write about your Ills
the goods , bads and uglies
and will you let it ink on paper ?
As you do so , 
may be there is a cure you would have found
Farewell!

No comments:

Plan and Execution

           Plan and Execution Seneca says this about Plan and Execution: Plan: We can formulate general rules and...