Saturday, June 22, 2024

Indifferent!

 Indifferent!

Pg.87 

Epictetus


Six-pack Stoic

What are things Indifferent? 


Epictetus says:

Things that are not in our Power! 

Like a dice in the game! 

Those that are not in our power are nothing to me! 

Those that you call: Exile, imprisonment, Death or

Power, Position or Prosperity

Am indifferent to them! 


Epictetus says : 

“Like a dice - I do not have the power that What number falls upon me;

But I have the power to use that number to advance my position;"

So there are two types of things:

Real Goods and Indifferent Goods ;

Real Goods: Joy, Peace, Enduring adversity, Humble-Calm-Gait

Indifferent Goods: Those that are not in your control



“Anytus and Melitus may kill me indeed, but hurt me they cannot,” says Socrates. To injure me is beyond their power


No comments:

Pre-mortem

Pre-mortem is about assessing at the beginning,  Why this project would fail ? - Why it will take more time? - Why it will cost more? - Why ...