Friday, August 16, 2024

Solitude

 Solitude 

Henry David Thoreau 

This is a delicious evening

 when the whole body is in one sense and 

imbibes delight to every pore

 I go and come with the strange Liberty in nature

 a part of herself 

as I walk along the stoney shore of the pond

 in my shirt-sleeves

 though it is cool as well as cloudy and windy

 and I see nothing special to attract me 

all the elements are unusually congenial to me

 the bull-frogs trump to usher in the night 

and note of the whip-poor- will is born on the rippling wind from over the water 

sympathy with the fluttering alder 

And poplar leaves almost take away

My breath;

Yet like the lake 

My serenity is rippled not ruffled!!!

No comments:

Plan and Execution

           Plan and Execution Seneca says this about Plan and Execution: Plan: We can formulate general rules and...