Saturday, August 3, 2024

Emotional Intelligence

 Emotional Intelligence

Walden

Henry David Thoreau


By conscious effort of the mind

we can stand aloof from actions and

their consequences

and all things, good and bad

go by us like a torrent!


I may be either the driftwood

In the stream,

Or Indra in the sky

Looking down on it


I may be affected by a theatrical exhibition

On other hand, 

I may not be affected by an actual event

Which appears to concern me much more


I am sensible of a certain

Doublness by which 

I can stand as remote from myself

As from another


However intense my experience

I am, conscious of the presence and

Criticism of a part of me

Which as it were 

Is not part of me 

But spectator

Sharing no experience

But taking note of it

And that it is no more “I” than it is “You”


My note:

This is the best example of how to be emotionally intelligent! 

Be an observer of yourself - in real-time! 

Imagine as if your guru is watching you behave! 

Imagine as if there is closed-circuit camera recording you

How will you behave then? 

Stand as remote from yourself as if you are looking at another!


No comments:

Being watched!

           Being watched! Do everything as if Epicurus is watching you! Seneca Letters from a Stoic In my own lif...