Skip to main content

The Difference : Doing the Right Thing….Doing the Thing Right:

In our daily grind of life we are so busy in going through the motions that we don’t really think why we are doing certain things.  We miss asking our-self certain basic questions such as
                “Is this task the highest priority?”
                “Am I enjoying the task?”
                “Is there a better activity than this that I should focus on?”
Due to this hustle & bustle, we end up spending our energy to do things the right way on the wrong effort .Soon we get exasperated at the end of the day just wanting to get a good sleep. Earlier my sample day used to be like this:
1)      Wake Up
2)      Catch the bus to office
3)      Sleep in the bus
4)      Work
5)      Return from Office
6)      Watch television
7)      Eat
8)      Go to sleep  (with energy sapped out!!!)
To pep up my life, I began identifying the things that I always loved …Family, Health, Reading & Writing . I restarted my abandoned blog. I started reading in the bus. I cut out the Television time and instead started playing with my daughter. These are the things that I will never get tired about. So I feel energetic as I publish a blog , When I complete 20 minutes of jogging , When I read a good chapter in the book or simply playing on the floor with daughter. These are the things that I would not want to trade anything else for. These are the Right Things for me to do.
So start identifying the things in life that matter to you the most. Reprioritize your activities in your daily life to accommodate these Right Things. You will find life to be a little more interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to live on 24 hours a day

Arnold Bennett was a prolific author in the early 20th Century. I read his book "How to live on 24 hours a day" He explains his process in his book : that resulted him in being a prolific author: following are the learning: even in the busiest week, find 7-1/2 hours of time beyond the work ; Focus those 7-1/2 hours on thinking Time practice honest self-reflection using the below questions: what do want for yourself? what motivates you? what scares you? what embarrasses you? What are you proud of? What beliefs do you have that might be wrong? Are you caring for yourself or harsh with yourself? Authors Arnold Bennett      

Repeat the Basics!

When you repeat the basics You don't only become great - you will stay great! -Darius Foroux Repeat 🔂 the basics of many things in your Life: 1. Fitness - Walking  2. Philosophy - read your favorite Author - everyday! 3. Kindness - random act of giving  4. Business -  What is the purpose of business? 5. Writing  -  Read the "The Elements of Style - Strunk & White"  Its very simple : Figure out the basics of the given field : 5-6 principles And repeat them day after day Back to the Basics! If you do so , you will lead a life with chronic White-belt mentality 😅 leading to Humility  even if your performance is that of a Master Black-belt! If you do so,  you not only become an expert of the field you will stay as one!

Focus

  Focus on 30 minutes at a time on a given topic with concentration The Human Machine Arnold Bennett My Habits: 30 minutes of walking 30 minutes of reading 30 minutes of Yoga 30 minutes of reflection 30 minutes of focus on each task -with concentration Say to your brain - FROM 9:AM TO 9:30 AM THIS MORNING YOU MUST DWELL WITHOUT CEASING ON A PARTICULAR TOPIC THAT I WILL GIVE YOU Authors Arnold Bennett