Friday, September 6, 2024

Nature -A cure for Selfishness!

 Nature -A cure for Selfishness!

Iris Murdoch

I am looking out my window
in an anxious and resentful
state of mind
oblivious of my surroundings
brooding perhaps on some damage done
to my prestige!

Then suddenly, I observe a hovering kestrel
In a moment everything is altered
The brooding self with its hurt vanity has
disappeared!

There is nothing now but kestrel
And when I return to thinking of other matter
it seems less important.

And of course this is something which we may do deliberately also
Give attention to Nature
in order to
Clear our minds of Selfish care!

My note:
I feel similar: when I see
the Eagle Royal
hovering over my terrace
Flying without flapping of wings
for more than 2 minutes at a time
using the wind as a friend to
pitch, and roll and yaw
Unflappability of the Eagle
adds to its majestic nature!

As i observe the eagle, 
my mind , that is ruffled due to selfishness
becomes a lake of calmness
unflapping so to speak,
even momentarily
as the eagle's wings


No comments:

Plan and Execution

           Plan and Execution Seneca says this about Plan and Execution: Plan: We can formulate general rules and...