Friday, July 19, 2024

Choose a Mentor!

Choose a Mentor!

Use them as a ruler to straighten your crookedness!

Seneca

Pg.14 : Letters from a Stoic


I have written about this before ; 

But its worth re-writing 

Seneca is masterful today as he  says:


Choose a master whose life, conversation and

Soul-expressing face have satisfied you! 

Picture him/her always to yourself as your 

Protector or your pattern; 

For we must indeed have someone

To regulate our characters;

You can never straighten that which is crooked

Unless you use a ruler”


For me I am thinking who are my gurus 

About Whom when I think 

They are straightening my daily crookedness!


Here is my list:

  • Seneca : Stoicism
  • Henry David Thoreau - Simplicity
  • Eknath Eswaran - HappinessRichard Feynman - Thinking
  • K Balakumar - Comedy


On this guru purnima day I salute them

In gratitude!!!


Who are yours? Are you remembering them today?


No comments:

Be a Pro!

Be a Professional! 1.     Show up 2. Put in the Work 3. Master the Basics