Skip to main content

Lets Not Eat Out

I bring my humble dabba for lunch these days and avoid eating out Breakfast and Dinner.I owe you all an explanation on why I was forced to make such an important decision of my life. Fellow toastmasters and Dear guests, Eating Out sessions have become so frustrating that I really feel elated when I kiss the doormat of my home after an eatout session…Only to start thinking…Where to eat out Tomorrow?.After several of these frustrating Eatout sessions, One fine day I attained enlightenment . The Enlightenment to not eat out. I am here to persuade you all to sign up for my campaign “ LETS NOT EAT OUT” with my following thoughts
The First problem that I have with eating out is the
Wallet factor : Travel Broadens the Mind ,they say,while eating Out Thins the wallet. A case in point is the Idly. Idly is a convenient measure of the Food price Inflation. Every time I eat breakfast I could sense that Idly’s diameter and height continue to decrease.And I had to order more or else I would die of hunger by lunch. A back of envelope calculation shows I had to shell out atleast rs.3000 /month to get even a not-so-decent meal. If you think that I am a born miser, then you are right.Its just that I would like to call myself frugal.But please thinkover. The bottom line is you are always paying a premium when you eat out.Apparently they charge for the Ambience too.

Second factor why I chose not to eat out is Quantity & Quality: they don’t go hand-in-hand while eating out. Once I had ordered the vegetable cutlet at a posh hotel in Indira Nagar.  The problem was the Crispy cutlets were of of the size of 1 rupee coin.(show the size) that you would have to order 3 plates more. About Food quality, Lesser said the better.You can organize a potentially endless debate in our toastmasters club on which is the best hotel in Outer ring road.

Third and final factor is time: I used to Eat out on the excuse that I have no time to cook .Ironically Eating out took a longer time than I presumed. Waiters in hotels are named so because they make you wait. They are trained never to catch your eye once the order is taken. Along with Indecisions like what else to eat & commuting time, eating out consumes much more time than If had chosen to eat at home

As I was going through this turmoil of Eating Out, My Manager chose to add more pain to my life by nominating me for a Project Management training.It was there I got Enlightenment ,not about Project management but about Eating Out . I was told in the training that Time ,Cost & Requirements are the essential constraints of Project (show the triangle). I thought to myself, if eating out were a project , Cost was out of bounds, Requirements were not at all satisfied & It took a long time to deliver the food. So Eating Out day in & day out is a doomed solution even by Project Management standards.

Dear friends , The only solution to avoid the rigors of Eating Out is to Learn to Cook at Home. You need not be born with wooden spoon in hand to become a cook.To become a kitchen King or Queen,you need to go through the 4 stages .
First stage is cleaner.I was the official dishwasher of our room simply because I was a cooking novice as compared to my roommates.
 Second stage is : Cutter: You need to know how to take a stab at the vegetables depending on whether its going to be fried or boiled or if its to be consumed raw.
Third Stage : is Cook . Start with your mother ‘s recipe. Master it . Once you get married ,you will be handed over the Mother-in-law’s recipe also. Master that also.You will now have enough repertoire (re-par-twar) to go to Fourth stage : Becoming a Chef. My wife recently gave me the controlled title of Chef on the condition that I will continue in my current role of Cook as well. I really feel the pleasure of Cooking Daily at home and also pleasure of Eating In. These days, We restrict our Eating out sessions only to special occasions.
So dear friends , After several eating out sessions over the last few years one conclusion that I am forced to come is : Home food is something you need to recover between the rigours of Eating out . So I encourage you all to sign in for the “LETS NOT EAT OUT” campaign. You can save precious money not only for self but also reduce your Cost To company by consuming lesser Coffee & Biscuits at Office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to live on 24 hours a day

Arnold Bennett was a prolific author in the early 20th Century. I read his book "How to live on 24 hours a day" He explains his process in his book : that resulted him in being a prolific author: following are the learning: even in the busiest week, find 7-1/2 hours of time beyond the work ; Focus those 7-1/2 hours on thinking Time practice honest self-reflection using the below questions: what do want for yourself? what motivates you? what scares you? what embarrasses you? What are you proud of? What beliefs do you have that might be wrong? Are you caring for yourself or harsh with yourself? Authors Arnold Bennett      

Repeat the Basics!

When you repeat the basics You don't only become great - you will stay great! -Darius Foroux Repeat 🔂 the basics of many things in your Life: 1. Fitness - Walking  2. Philosophy - read your favorite Author - everyday! 3. Kindness - random act of giving  4. Business -  What is the purpose of business? 5. Writing  -  Read the "The Elements of Style - Strunk & White"  Its very simple : Figure out the basics of the given field : 5-6 principles And repeat them day after day Back to the Basics! If you do so , you will lead a life with chronic White-belt mentality 😅 leading to Humility  even if your performance is that of a Master Black-belt! If you do so,  you not only become an expert of the field you will stay as one!

Focus

  Focus on 30 minutes at a time on a given topic with concentration The Human Machine Arnold Bennett My Habits: 30 minutes of walking 30 minutes of reading 30 minutes of Yoga 30 minutes of reflection 30 minutes of focus on each task -with concentration Say to your brain - FROM 9:AM TO 9:30 AM THIS MORNING YOU MUST DWELL WITHOUT CEASING ON A PARTICULAR TOPIC THAT I WILL GIVE YOU Authors Arnold Bennett