Skip to main content
I am writing this for no other reason as to kill time. If you are also a bored by singledom read on.
My Life in Bangalore : A day in my life (Weekday):

5:00 am : I have started waking up early these days after reading the book "The Monk Who Sold Ferrari". Its time to have the trademark Kerala "Chai" ,where i share the sip with scores of others ranging from Labourers to Call center folks returning after a Hard night's work.
5:20 am : Its now time for the morning walk (again "The monk... " effect) . I walk through the prolific locality of Indira Nagar ,even as i am counting the steps. I just crossover to the other side of road as i see a pack of dogs leading their master for the morning stroll. I have just finished 2000 steps as i reach the 100ft road . Its time to walk back
5:50 am : I buy the newspaper as the thought of Office creates a churn in my stomach. I just dislodge the thought and focus on the Newspaper. Nothing great seems to be happening around the globe.
6:10 am: Intellectual exercise time. You guessed it right. Its again the "The Monk who sold ..." effect. really energizing to read some good paragraphs as you prepare for a hard day.
6:30 am : I start meditating ,which seems to be easier said than done. I start to focus my wandering mind to no avail.I have found that i can hardly control my mind ,if at all anything.
7:00 am: Got a sudden Inspiration to cook the breakfast. I cook the vermicelli upma of the minimalist kind . A feeling of greatness dawns upon me amazed at my own culinary skills
8:00 am : I complete my morning chores & Breakfast and standing with fellow workers for the trip to office. I board the bus and greet my regular friends ,some of whom are preparing to doze off .The cab driver switches on the FM radio with the RJ speaking ceaselessly about a crap issue. Driver too,seems dis-interested and switches to the other FM stations only to hear some other crap.
I just finished reading the Newspaper editorial as Cab just zips (or trudges) past the Marathalli bridge .

9 am: I just reached the office ,and the first thing i do is to fill the spreadsheet to keep track of my expenses . I start planning for the day . As with all Plans, mine also sits just on the paper.

9:00 am - 6:00 pm : Its just plain work and No comments

6: oo pm : I board the bus back to home thinking of cooking the Dinner.Traffic is brimming to the full in Old Madras road. It took half-an hour for 3 Kilomaeters and its just the first bottle-neck.Two more to go. I just drop my plans for Dinner and plan to eat out.

8:00 pm : Time for some more crap this time on the television. Its time for writing the diary , accounting for the day's eventful!!! happenings.

10:00 pm : Gone to bed as i have to wakeup for another prolific day very early

Comments

bluespirit said…
u post 1 blog and then u disappear?

Popular posts from this blog

How to live on 24 hours a day

Arnold Bennett was a prolific author in the early 20th Century. I read his book "How to live on 24 hours a day" He explains his process in his book : that resulted him in being a prolific author: following are the learning: even in the busiest week, find 7-1/2 hours of time beyond the work ; Focus those 7-1/2 hours on thinking Time practice honest self-reflection using the below questions: what do want for yourself? what motivates you? what scares you? what embarrasses you? What are you proud of? What beliefs do you have that might be wrong? Are you caring for yourself or harsh with yourself? Authors Arnold Bennett      

Repeat the Basics!

When you repeat the basics You don't only become great - you will stay great! -Darius Foroux Repeat 🔂 the basics of many things in your Life: 1. Fitness - Walking  2. Philosophy - read your favorite Author - everyday! 3. Kindness - random act of giving  4. Business -  What is the purpose of business? 5. Writing  -  Read the "The Elements of Style - Strunk & White"  Its very simple : Figure out the basics of the given field : 5-6 principles And repeat them day after day Back to the Basics! If you do so , you will lead a life with chronic White-belt mentality 😅 leading to Humility  even if your performance is that of a Master Black-belt! If you do so,  you not only become an expert of the field you will stay as one!

Focus

  Focus on 30 minutes at a time on a given topic with concentration The Human Machine Arnold Bennett My Habits: 30 minutes of walking 30 minutes of reading 30 minutes of Yoga 30 minutes of reflection 30 minutes of focus on each task -with concentration Say to your brain - FROM 9:AM TO 9:30 AM THIS MORNING YOU MUST DWELL WITHOUT CEASING ON A PARTICULAR TOPIC THAT I WILL GIVE YOU Authors Arnold Bennett